State of Michigan
Michigan Department of Treasury Login
Terms and Conditions
Thank you for visiting the State of Michigan’s Treasury On Line (System). Access and use of the System is subject to these terms and conditions (Agreement), as well as all applicable laws and other Michigan.gov policies.
Terms and Conditions
August 6, 2015
- You agree to access and use the System only for lawful purposes. You are solely responsible for the knowledge of and adherence to any and all laws, statutes, rules and regulations pertaining to your use of the System. Any use of this System not specifically permitted under this Agreement is strictly prohibited.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account information and are responsible for any actions taken using this account name and password. You must promptly notify the State of any unauthorized use of your account name and password.
- Access to the System is limited to registered users. You agree that any information you provide will be complete and accurate, that you will not register under the name of, nor attempt to enter the System under the name of another person, and that you will not adopt a user name that the State, in its sole discretion, deems offensive, illegal, or infringing.
- You agree that you will not use this System to:
- Post or transmit any discriminatory, libelous, harassing, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, or otherwise unlawful content;
- Knowingly upload, disseminate or transmit any content that contains a software virus, "Trojan Horse," or any other computer code, files, or programs that may alter, damage, or interrupt the functionality of the State’s information technology system or the System itself;
- Upload, post, e-mail, or otherwise transmit any materials that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under a contractual relationship;
- Alter, damage, or delete or attempt to alter, damage or delete any information posted on the System or contained in the State’s information technology system;
- Circumvent any technology used by the State or its licensors to protect content accessible via the System;
- Disrupt the normal flow of communication in any way;
- Claim a relationship with or represent any business, association, or other organization with which you are not authorized to claim such a relationship or represent;
- Post or transmit any unsolicited advertising, promotional materials, or other forms of solicitation;
- Conduct or forward surveys, contests, pyramid schemes, or chain letters;
- Translate, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, modify, or create derivative works based on the System;
- Post any material that infringes upon or violates the intellectual property rights of another; or
- Collect or store personal information about others.
- The State reserves the right to monitor, delete, move, or edit any information that you provide, but is not obligated to do so. You agree that your use of any posted information is at your own risk, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of posted information. If you provide information, you agree that the State may copy, distribute, display, publish, modify, or translate any information for any purpose and in any medium without any obligation to compensate you or any third party in any way.
- We are committed to providing access to all individuals, disabled or not, seeking information. For additional information reference the State’s Accessibility Policy at: http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,1607,7-192-26913-2090--,00.html
- The State has taken a number of steps to prevent unauthorized access to information. For additional information reference the complete Security Policy at: http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,1607,7-192-26916-2301--,00.html
- The State has links to other websites outside of state government which are not controlled by this Agreement. For additional information reference the complete Link Policy at: http://www.michigan.gov/som/0,1607,7-192-26915-2089--,00.html
- LIMITATION OF LIABILITYTHE STATE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU, REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF ACTION, FOR CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THE SYSTEM, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF DATA, COMPUTER FAILURE OR MALFUNCTION, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES.
- NO WARRANTYTHE STATE OF MICHIGAN DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SYSTEM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, PROBLEM-FREE, FREE OF OMISSIONS, OR ERROR-FREE. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING, THE STATE PROVIDES THE SYSTEM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE SYSTEM IS WITH YOU.
- The State of Michigan is not obligated in any fashion to provide technical assistance or other support with regard to your use of the System.
- The System was developed as a service to help assist Michigan businesses with State transactions. The State will attempt to maintain the accuracy of all information presented as of the date of publishing. If you need specific advice (for example, medical, legal, financial, or risk management), please seek a professional who is licensed or knowledgeable in that area. If you encounter an error, please contact the State at email@example.com.
- By utilizing the System, you confirm that your electronic payment will be honored by your financial institution. Payments returned for insufficient funds or any other reason will result in a hold being placed on your License, Registration, Permit, or Certification of Credential available for purchase or renewal through the System. You may be liable for any fines and penalties issued by the State.
- The State may provide e-mail notification for transaction status updates, License, Permit, and Registration renewals, and other communication that is deemed appropriate to be performed electronically. By providing your e-mail address in your business profile, you are authorizing the State to send notices of, or in addition to, other communication methods. You are responsible for ensuring that your e-mail address is kept up to date and that messages from the State will be allowed into your e-mail account. You expressly agree to accept any notification of a data breach via your submitted e-mail address.
- The State may, in its sole discretion, terminate or suspend your access to and use of the System without notice for any reason, including a violation of this Agreement or other conduct which the State, in its sole discretion, believes is unlawful or harmful to others. In the event of termination, you will no longer be authorized to access the System, and the State may use any means possible to enforce this termination.
- Nothing express or implied in this Agreement is intended to confer, nor will anything confer, upon any other person, any rights, remedies, obligations, or liabilities.
- If any provision of this Agreement is invalid or unenforceable under applicable law, it will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remainder of the terms of this Agreement, and without further action by the parties, such provision will be reformed to the minimum extent necessary to make such provision valid and enforceable.
- Should the State fail to insist upon strict adherence to any term of the Agreement it is not to be considered a waiver or deprive the State of the right to insist upon strict adherence to that term, or any other term, of the Agreement.
- This Agreement is governed by and is to be interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Michigan.
- This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and the State with respect to the System and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral, or written, between the user and the State with respect to the System.
By checking the "I agree to the terms & conditions" checkbox, you agree to be bound by the terms of this Agreement.